Carole Startin Profile Page
I am a top level Blue Badge guide for Wales with over 35 years experience, including working for top tour operators such as British Airways Holidays.
I speak Welsh and love my beautiful part of the UK and would welcome the opportunity to take you around whether this is your first visit or you loved it the first time and you’d like to get to know Wales better.
I can offer you very competitive rates, whether you are an individual, travel agent, tour or coach operator for half, full day or longer tours.
Below are some ideas of places to visit and things to do during your visit to Wales and please do get in touch so I may welcome you and say “Croeso i Gymru/Welcome to Wales”.
WHAT I CAN OFFER YOU
- General Highlights Tours of Wales or North Wales as a taster
- Castles (medieval or Victorian) such as Cardiff, Caerphilly, Pembroke, Conwy and Caernarfon.
- Gardens - National Botanic Garden to Bodnant and hidden gems such as Plas Cadnant in the North to Aberglasney in the South
- Historic Railways (narrow and standard gauge) Brecon Mountain, Ffestiniog, Welsh Highland and Llangollen
- Historic Houses - so many to choose from but here are a few of my favourites, Gwydir Castle, Plas Mawr, Plas Newydd (both on Anglesey and in Llangollen), Abbey Cwm Hir Hall, Erddig, Mostyn Hall and Picton Castle
- Famous People - here are just a few … our own hero Owain Glyn Dŵr, David Lloyd George, Dic Penderyn, Thomas Charles, Gwendoline & Margaret Davies, Sir Kyffyn Williams, Dylan Thomas, Tom Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Katherine de Berain/Mam Crymru
- Food & Drink from Welsh lamb and black beef, Penderyn Welsh Whiskey to Snowdonia Cheese, Patchwork Paté and Anglesey Sea Salt, we have the very best quality food and drink to tempt your taste buds
- Mining (coal and slate) and Industrial Wales (bridges, aqueducts and canals) - Big Pit, Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, Menai and Conwy Suspension Bridges, Rhondda Heritage Park
- Cultural Wales (people, song, theatre, our language) - Nant Gwrtheyrn Welsh Language Centre on the beautiful Llŷn Peninsula to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff Bay
- The Romans & Wales - Caerleon is one of the best preserved and most important Roman army settlements in the UK so why not combine this with a visit to Roman Chester with its magnificent Roman town walls and ancient “rows”
- Agricultural Wales (12 million sheep and the drovers who became rich banking families) - the National Woollen Mill in Carmarthenshire or Trefriw in North Wales' Conwy Valley plus a working sheepdog demonstration in the beautiful Horseshoe Pass and learn how the puppies are trained for their vital role
- Medieval Walled Towns and Castles (Caernarfon, Conwy, Beaumaris, Flint, Denbigh, Chirk, Harlech, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Kidwelly to name but a few)
- Rhuddlan: Castle, bridge and church
- Llangollen: Riverside including historic bridge, canal walk, Plas Newydd and the Ladies of Llangollen
- Conwy: Castle & walls, town walk, Plas Mawr and Britain's smallest house
- Gory Tours 4 Kids based on CBBCs "Horrible Histories" and suitable for 5 yrs upwards. This will focus on the more macabre side of history which kids love!
All walking tours are priced at £6 per adult and £3 per child under 12 and will last 1.5 to 2 hours per tour, Special rates availble for groups.
Lunch or After Dinner Talks & Presentations
I can provide you with an introduction to North Wales, with some fun and interesting stories about our country and region.
This is ideal for tour operator fam. trips, WI or Special Interest Groups or if you're looking for something a bit different to
keep you entertained after lunch or dinner and will be provided at the venue of your choice..
To find out more visit my website: http://www.funtourswales.co.uk
Please do contact Carole Startin to finalise the best tour of Wales to suit you or your clients: email email@example.com or call 07582 093582 and let me quote you for any of the above or you can mix and match too!